Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ghana Make You Move! Farewell Fundraiser











On Thursday, May 10 Leor and I hosted Ghana Make You Move! It was a farewell/fundraiser for my upcoming thesis research in - you guessed it - Ghana, West Africa! I will be working with children who have been orphaned by HIV/AIDS, and working with them to create changes both in their communities and at the policy level which will enable them to better respond to the life changes they experience because of the presence of HIV/AIDS in their lives. The party was a huge success, with well over 175 people in attendance and several local groups, companies, and individuals donating items for the silent auction and raffle prizes. We also had a fantastic DJ which helped set a great vibe! I was completely overwhelmed with people's generosity, support, kindness and enthusiasm for the work I am about to begin. I am incredibly lucky to have such a great group of people around me and with their support I now have the strength and confidence to embark on this journey with no reservations. Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this inspiring event!











2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos babe! I'll be checking in here regularly so keep it coming.

Thomas said...

Hey Bren! definitely 1 point for you for this blog:)

lookin forward to some more reports and pics!

and i even klicked on the adds...

Take care and be blessed!
Raphi CH